Chatham Village and its residents create a variety of community events each year. At these get-togethers residents and their friends can meet, exchange ideas, share a meal, celebrate a special event or holiday, and enjoy the company of friends and neighbors.
Some events, like the annual members meeting, relate to governance. Others, like the traditional 4th of July picnic, are celebratory and filled with food and fun. The Chatham Village Club continually organizes speakers, outings, and events. Check our home page, under the "Upcoming Events" tab on the right side of the page, to see current scheduled events in our community.
Typical Community Events
- Luminaria - A holiday tradition where residents line the Village's three miles of walkways with more than 2,000 candle luminarias. It's quite a gorgeous spectacle.
- Fourth of July Celebration - An all-day event that includes a cookout, bake sale, games, entertainment, tennis, and lots of good fun.
- Labor Day Picnic - Another day of good food and fun to help everyone settle into a fall schedule after their summer fun.
- Annual Members' Meeting - It's like an old New England-style town meeting where residents hear their elected board members review the past year and the plans for the coming year. Budgets, initiatives, and issues are reviewed and discussed.
- Chatham Village Club Events - The member-run Chatham Village Club organizes a variety of additional events throughout the year—lectures, outings, happy hours, Easter egg hunt, and many more.