Each board member heads a committee and asks other residents to serve on their committee for a specific period of time. This means residents have the opportunity to be involved in an area that interests them if they want to volunteer.
In addition to the board-directed committees, the Chatham Village Club also offers residents opportunities to participate in community social events and gatherings.
House & Grounds
- Develops long-range plans for buildings, landscape, hard-scape, and utilities
- Reviews on-going maintenance plans and schedules
- Reviews interior house renovation plans submitted by members
- Reviews patio plans submitted by members
- Reviews garden plans submitted by members
- Establishes a yearly operating budget
- Establishes a long-range financial plan
- Monitors monthly expenditures relative to the financial plan
- Monitors precautions and keeps members up to date on neighborhood safety issues
- Meets with candidates for membership
- Monitors membership applications and sales
- Assists new members by answering questions, making connections, etc.
- Develops communication materials about the Village
- Maintains the Village website
- Coordinates media events